Our mission is to establish a viable, dynamic and sustainable local food economy whereby chefs have access to the freshest and best products that Ontario has to offer, and Ontario producers have a dedicated channel for the sales, marketing and distribution of their products at a fair price.
100km Foods Inc. specializes in the sale and distribution of local, sustainable foods, with a comprehensive offering, including: fresh, harvested-to-order, in-season fruits and vegetables, farm-fresh dairy, free-run eggs, artisanally milled grains and flours, and pantry staples like Ontario maple syrup, honey and dried beans.
We aim to foster and grow authentic and genuine relationships between our customers and our producers.
At 100km Foods Inc. we want you to know where your food comes from.
OTHER STUFF WE NEED TO LET YOU KNOW
- Services and links on our Web site: Our Web site does not allow our visitors to communicate with others or publish information that is accessible by other visitors. This Web site contains links to other web sites. Be advised that 100km Foods is not responsible for the confidentiality practices of those sites. The statement of confidentiality applies only to this Web site. Please be vigilant and prudent when leaving this site and carefully read the statement of confidentiality of each site you visit.
- Information gathered automatically: We combine the information from visits to our Web site with anonymous and specific data from identified persons for the following reasons:
Collection and use of your personal data: We only collect the personal data of visitors who have registered to use our services.
Disclosure: We respect and value our customers, and as such we do not disclose your personal information to our dealers, divisions or other businesses. We can assure you that your personal data will not be disclosed to government institutions or other authorities unless required by law.
Accessing the personal data we have gathered: You can ask us about all the personal information we have gathered about you by sending an email at email@example.com. Once the request has been received, we will supply all the information we have collected about you within a week, free of charge. We may ask for proof of identification. We reserve the right to refuse your access to information request. You will be notified as to the reasons of the refusal. You can view, modify and update your personal information once you’ve opened a session on our Web site.
Support for our Statement of Confidentiality: For any information concerning our Statement of Confidentiality, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Policy: All your personal information is securely transmitted to our Web site using an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption key from GeoTrust. We have implemented policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information we have gathered against:
- Technical administration of the Web site;
- Improving the ergonomics and browsing features of our site;
- Customers management;
- Unauthorized access;
- Unwanted disclosure or use by third parties;
- Unauthorized modifications;
- Destruction or loss of information
All credit card information is encrypted when the order is processed. We do not keep the credit card numbers in our servers. We use secure servers protected by the strongest firewalls currently available on the market. Physical access to these severs is limited and controlled. All employees that have access to or that are involved in processing your personal information are bound by a confidentiality clause. All these controls and procedures that are in place guaranty that your on-line shopping experience is secure. In reality, it is probably more secure to buy on-line at 100km Foods than in a restaurant or gas station.
- Fuel Surcharge: In order to bring you local food that is of the best quality and flavor, and harvested when it should be, 100km Foods Inc. incurs significant additional costs in picking up food directly at farms across Ontario vs. from the Ontario Food Terminal. In order to offset some of those costs so we can remain competitive in the marketplace, all orders are subject to a $6 + HST fuel surcharge per delivery.
- Minimum Order: Minimum order within our delivery zone is $250. Minimum orders for deliveries outside this zone are TBD. Orders under the minimum incur a $40 delivery fee (which includes the fuel surcharge mentioned above).
- Payment Methods: We accept pre-authorized debit, EFT transfers, cheques, and email money transfers. Any NSF cheques are subject to a $40 administrative fee, without exception. A service charge of 2.0% per month applies to all overdue balances. All prices are in CAD.
- Returns/Exhanges: We stand by our products and will accept returns or exchanges if required. Please contact us within one week of delivery with any issues and we will work to resolve them. Product must be made available for pickup by 100km Foods if required, at the discretion of 100km Foods.